Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Summary of Key Points
|Collection||As a business-to-business organization, we collect name, contact details, and other Personal Information related to our commercial relationships.|
|Use||We use Personal Information to provide our services and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts and maintain business operations, to provide relevant marketing, and to fulfill other business and compliance purposes.|
|We share Personal Information as necessary to provide our services and respond to requests, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes.|
|Marketing Choices||You have control over how we use Personal Information for direct marketing.|
|Information Security||We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction.|
|California Privacy Rights||California law requires us to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and certain rights you may have.|
|Contact Us||Please contact us as detailed below with any questions.|
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following categories of Personal Information directly from you or by you visiting our Site:
- Basic Information: Name, title, company, office location, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Device Information: Computer Internet Protocol ("IP") address, unique device identifier ("UDID"), cookies and other information linked to a device, and information about usage of our Site and communications. Note, however, we do not consider Device Information to be Personal Information except where we link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires.
- Marketing Information: Information about individual participation in trade shows and conferences, credentials, associations, services you are interested in, and preferences.
- Registration Information: Whitepaper / newsletter / brochure requests, service preferences, company-hosted or sponsored event attendance, downloads, and account username and password.
Use of Personal Information
We use the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide the services you requested and respond to your inquiries.
- Manage your accounts and maintain our business operations.
- Make our Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use, including preferred language, and tailored advertising.
- Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology systems.
- Provide relevant marketing about our services and opportunities that may be available to you.
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with affiliated companies as necessary for the purposes described above.
- Service providers: We may share Personal Information with service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above, such as marketing or web hosting. We require service providers to provide reasonable and appropriate security for Personal Information and to use and process such Personal Information only on our behalf.
- Auditors and advisors: We may share Personal Information with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice, as well as certain investors.
- Business reorganization: We may share Personal Information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as an asset of Experic.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We may share Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We also share Personal Information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Information, please contact us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Information for directing marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored on your browser, device, communication, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser ("session cookies"), while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website ("persistent cookies").
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Session cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: Session cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and understand how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies: Persistent cookies that improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Targeting Cookies: Persistent cookies that record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on our Site and other websites you visit. See below for further details on how you can control third party targeting cookies.
What are your options if you do not want cookies?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of our Site.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest-based advertising, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise choices regarding such cookies, please visit the following websites (or your device settings for mobile applications):
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, modification, or disclosure, appropriate to the level of risk and sensitivity of the Personal Information. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. If you have any reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and certain rights you may have.
Data Subject Rights. As permitted by law, you may have the right to request access to your Personal Information or that we delete your Personal Information. You also have the right to request information about the categories of Personal Information about you that we have "sold" (as that term is defined under California law) to third parties and also that we have disclosed for business purposes.
Do Not Sell. We share information collected from cookies with ad tech providers, such as how you interact with our Sites, which may be considered a "sale" under California law, in order to present advertising messages based on your preferences. To opt-out such sharing please visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California's "Shine the Light" law, permits residents of California to request certain details about information we may disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us as detailed below.
(i) How long do we retain Personal Information?
2 Clarke Drive
Cranbury, NJ 08512