Customized and Scalable Dry Powder Inhalation (DPI) Services
Experic works closely with you to provide truly customized solutions to meet your DPI development and manufacturing needs.
With an experienced team, Experic offers state-of-the-art dry powder inhalation (DPI) capabilities and comprehensive services from DPI development and GMP manufacturing to packaging and distribution at clinical and commercial scale.
To learn how Experic’s quality-focused approach delivers the outcome you deserve for reservoir and single dose DPI devices, connect with us.
Experic's team understands the challenges you face bringing your product through clinical and to the market. A strong foundation of experience allows us to quickly identify issues and offer the best solution. Our team’s experience includes:
- More than a decade working with DPI
- Formulation and development of multiple products
- Clinical and commercial manufacturing
- Supply chain and logistics
DPI Development Capabilities
We address the unique properties of each powder formulation to find the optimal solution for lactose-based and spray-dried formulations, cohesive powders and pure active pharmaceutical ingredients, accounting for aerosolization of fine particles, clumping and bridging characteristics. We offer:
- Early DPI development for any single-dose unit
- Process development, formulation and optimization
- Clinical scale low-shear and high-shear blending services and equipment.
DPI Manufacturing Capabilities
The successful, accurate dosing and filling of powders is a universal challenge in drug development, even for formulations that have good flow properties. At Experic, we tackle that challenge with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to accommodate a range of product properties, particle sizes, doses and throughput requirements, including:
- Capsule filling of sizes from 3 to 00
- Doses from 1 mg to 50 mg and reservoir device filling up to 5 g
- Weight verification up to 100%
- Environmental controls to less than 10% relative humidity
- Blister packaging
- Equipment includes a Harro Höfliger DrumLab, Modu-C LS IPC with drum Modu-C MS, MicroVibe TT and SDM auger
Full Clinical Trial Support
From consulting on optimal approaches regarding formulation, filling, packaging and delivery, we simplify your DPI process, shortening your supply chain and reducing the number of shipping steps, with services for::
- Primary and secondary packaging
- Labeling (including blinding), kitting and clinical supply services and support
- Activities from forecasting and planning to distribution to investigator sites and patients